Our client, a reputable real estate company in Tanzania is looking for a well experienced Senior Financial Accountant to be based in Dar es Salaam and ready to take responsibility as soon as possible. Among other things the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that financial accounts are prepared in a timely manner and that there is financial integrity of the statutory accounts.
- Prepare statutory accounts and ensure compliance to IFRS
- Production of statutory accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, P&L
- Check that new asset have been entered into the Fixed Assets Register
- Verify details of new fixed asset against Purchase Order record and check that item has been posted in the journal
- Implement financial controls as required and monitor risks to financial controls
- Prepare reports in line with IFRS Standards as required
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors
- Manage accounts reconciliation and sign offs in coordination with other departments
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting, Finance etc.) or its equivalent degree.
- Fully qualified Accountant (CPA (T) or ACCA)
- 6 years’ experience in a similar position, four of which must have been in a managerial position.