A well established manufacturing company in Dar es Salaam is looking for Import Export Supervisor to supervise import and export logistics. A desired candidate should have a sound experience in the Tanzania's customs clearance procedure and should be a well connected person.
- Working with the accounting, purchasing, and warehouse departments for close coordination on import/export taxes, invoice verification, freight movements, and other duties as needed.
- Managing customs clearance for all imports and exports.
- Coordinating clearance of goods with the clearing and Forwarding Agents and TRA officials when needed.
- Ensuring prompt and accurate, booking, documentation and invoicing.
- Maintaining good business relations with shipping lines to monitor the positions of theincoming goods.
- Negotiating rates and quotations with shipping lines.
- Managing government trade relations, operations, regulations, updates and permitts for inbound and outbound goods.
- At least three years experience in the import export customs clearance procedures
- Experience in the courier companies or clearing and forwarding companies.
- Good connections within the domain.
- Excellent in Kiswahili and fluent in English (Chinese is an added advantage).