A school in Kigamboni, Dar es Salaam seeking to hire a Head Teacher to execute the daily operations of the school.
- Provide overall leadership for the allocated campus, working in collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Contribute to the overall leadership and planning and vision for the future of the school through membership of the School Management Team.
- Supervise the Academic Heads and HODs in their academic and class discipline work.
- Oversee and ensure that timetables and class schedules are designed properly.
- Oversee and ensure that all Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans and teaching techniques support and work towards the vision and mission of the school.
- Regularly visit classrooms to monitor the quality of teaching.
- Ensure accountability to Government Departments is maintained and all school procedures remain transparent and meet the requirements of the Government Inspectors.
- Oversee and ensure that staffs are handling responsibilities for student discipline and welfare.
- Ensure the use of a positive discipline plan and house point’s process.
- Oversee and ensure that all parent concerns and issues as well as students academic needs are addressed appropriately and promptly.
- Oversee and ensure that all students’ academic needs are addressed appropriately and promptly. Transportation Responsibilities
- Oversee and ensure that all necessary positions are staffed with appropriate and effective personnel (teaching, non-teaching and leadership, etc.)
- Establish a process of good communication with staff and maintain openness with staff, especially during conversations.
- Work with Academic Heads and Deputies to manage staffing quality, issues, or needs that arise.
- Manage the agreed budge in collaboration with the Finance Team.
- Communicate regularly with all staff and School Director/Assistant Director about progress and issues in the School.
- Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education.
- Strong management skills, including ability to prioritize and delegate Hours of Work
- At least 4 years experience in leading a good school