Looking for COUNTRY SALES MANAGER to work for a well established financial institution in Dar es Salaam.
- Oversee the development, implementation and periodic review of company sales strategic plan.
- Guide the sales team to ensure the company grows and defends its market share.
- Overall responsibility for directing, guiding, managing and supporting the sales team to ensure the team achieves agreed sales targets.
- Overall responsibility for determining manpower requirements, recruitment, training, performance evaluations and career development for the sales team to ensure the company attracts, motivates and retains high performing sales staff.
- Oversee monitoring of customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts and segmentation of the market to offer tailor made products and services.
- Liaise with operations team to manage quality of business, retention of existing business, collection of premiums from brokers/agents, productivity and overall sales performance of each distribution channel.
- Oversee gathering of market intelligence statistics to facilitate development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage in it product offering.
- Ensure good relationship with brokers, agents and corporate clients through excellent customer service, handling customer complaints and organizing meetings with current and prospective customers.
- Participate in new product design and launch to ensure client needs are addressed.
- Manage sales costs to ensure profitability.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in sales department strategy map, balanced scorecard and personal scorecard.
- Bachelor degree. MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 7 years successful sales management experience three of which must be in a management position (financial/Telecom sector preferred).
- Proven experience as a Sales Manager within a Financial Services Industry (Banking and Finance/ Insurance).
- Extensive experience in ensuring sales targets are met through managing the entire sales process from prospecting to closure.
- A demonstrated track record in sales to enhance the overall top line performance of a company.